Monday, March 9, 2009

Paint It!

After wandering around the beautiful land of blogs I have become very inspired. I absolutely love all things painted!!! I started out by painting my old knotty pine nightstand. It came out pretty good and that has set me on a mission. I intend to paint everything and anything I have. Well not everything but if I have been hanging on to it because I still kinda like it but it just doesn't quite fit in...my new motto is...PAINT IT!
I had a couple of different framed prints I picked up at Target a few years ago and I was really not too fond of the finish on the frames but I just dealt with it...no more of that...I painted one creamy white...distressed it a bit...then wiped some warm colored stain over it...very nice I must say!! I didn't want them to be the same (too matchy-matchy) so I just painted the other a lovely Ben Moore color called Dove Tail. I stood back to look at my handiwork...pretty darn good, even if I do say so myself. They will be hanging in my new "master bedroom". I do love the new soft look!
Yes...Paint It...It feels good to let go of the fear of ruining something. What was I afraid of, anyway?
Oh, and I have just picked up some Modge Podge to go with that beautiful paper I was saving. I have my eye on the drawer fronts of my very boring and utilitarian looking white sewing table. It has to stay in my new office and it's sticking out like a sore thumb the way it is!
Yes...Decoupage It...I think that's gonna feel just as good as Paint It.

No comments:

Post a Comment