Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Life, Faith & Sock Monkeys

I’ve been away from my Little Miss Laptop lately, so I’ve not posted a blog, been able to catch up on some of my blog reading, facebooking friends and tweeting.  Sometime life just gets in the way.

Life getting in the way can been looked at as a good thing, even if the things you have to deal with don’t appear that way. Things like an aging disabled parent or a difficult to deal with sibling are hard.  There are lessons to be learned, though, from these tough times.  I do believe God has put me on this path for a reason.  I may not know why, but I have to believe it’s for the good.  I have a wonderful 90 yr old neighbor who I chat with on occasion, and at the end of every conversation his words are always the same…”Keep The Faith, Now!”   How right you are Mr. Humphrey. And I do have faith…but I need to be reminded. Thanks!

So, the downstairs “mini-master suite” is looking good and aside from a few minor details I’m satisfied with the way it came out.  But, Little Miss Laptop and The New Office have gotten a little ignored lately.  I am in here working.  It’s functional and actually quite comfortable.  Even the Neatnik that I am can tolerate the unpacked boxes (tucked ever so neatly in the corner, of course).   I have faith that it will all work out in time.  You gotta “Keep the Faith”.

So among all this there is the issue of the sock monkeys I promised my grandaughters’ that I would make for them.  It’s been well over a month since I first made that promise.  I cringe every time they ask if I’ve made them yet.  I think the lesson Someone is trying to teach me here is this; listen to the children

I’m listening God…I’m making those sock monkeys!

140  139 138

No comments:

Post a Comment