Monday, April 27, 2009

Met Monday -Hubby's Dresser and some Additions to my Office

[Pic+for+Body+of+Blog3.jpg] It's Metmorphasis monday...Yeah!!...and I have pics of the makeover I did on my husbands old childhood dresser. I'll also have a little peek at the unfinished office. Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality will be surprised at how much parts of my office rally do look like hers.. (copycat that I am).
Rhoda, I hope you feel immitation is the greatest form of flatterry,sweet lady.



On to my metamorphasis:



Well the dresser is in pieces on the floor in the process of being sanded..the top was formica, but with a nice sanding and a good primer it took the paint just fine.














Then I primed with my old standby- Bejamin Moore latex primer...works on just about everything. Just one light coat. Then on to my white paint...this time I chose BM China White... a good off white and best of all it's a stock color and my paint store was having a sale on all in-stock whites....yippee!






The result was this...












I inteded to get some new hardware for it, but the old hardware looked so good I decided to keep it...especiallly after my husband to the old colonial style back plates off the bottom drawer handles. I just love how it turned out!







Now she sits proudly in my new "mini-master" suite ...adorned by my most precious gramma's mirror!










Yes, Hubby's old mid- century childhood dresser has made quite a metamorphasis!














Now for a little Metamorphasis for my new (still unfinished office).
My grandaugthers were over the other day and when I told them I wasn't finished decorating my office they were more than happy to help. And they just love letting me set up their little tables so they can CREATE!
My office walls and doors went from this dull and boring...











To this colorful decorative art work...By: Meghan & Kristen











They did inspire me to come up with the idea to paint them out a picture framed moulding section with some magnetic paint and let that be their very own spot in Nana's office for their creations!
They do love it in there so much, with all that cool crafty stuff Nana has for them to do!!!
P. S. A little peek at some of the unfinished office .

















I can't wait till I 'm finished in there! It's actually a little better now, those 2 pics are a few weeks old.





















3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to fix a place for the grandchildren to creat their art at. I love the wonderful pictures they made for you, too precious. Your room looks great so far, I look forward to the finished project. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful so far.. Your Husbands old dresser really looks great now.. Thanks for sharing your transformation.
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your dresser looks great! I refinished a cast off dresser and it still doesn't have knobs. :o) I love how the dresser was your husbands. I have two of my grandmas dressers (not fancy) and they are very special to me.

    ReplyDelete