Monday, April 6, 2009

OK… the Pictures

As promised I am going to attempt to post a few pics of my “almost” finished “mini-master suite”. For those of you who don’t know what a “mini-master” is…well it’s pretty self explanitory. It’s a very tiny bedroom that I choose to call my master suite…well it is attached to a bath…so it’s a suite, right?

Well, I,m very much in love with the soft creams and I do like a touch of color so here’s a peek.051

I hate the ceiling fan. (I do have chandeleir dreams!)

052

This is the angle from the bathroom door. HPIM1134

I just love this print…real cheap and a few years old. I painted the black frame a soft white.HPIM1126

I did the did the same with the ugly frame on the print in the corner.

And there’s that knotty pine nightstand that got me started on this fabulous painting kick. Love it so much better white.

P.S. Got the lamp at Christmas Tree shop for $20!063

Hubby’s old childhood dresser…some distressing and that great soft white paint.

060

Gramma’s mirror on hubby’s dresser. Almost painted the old girl white. So glad I didn’t.

She’s perfect just the way she is.

065

A closer look at gramma’s mirror…I do love it!

081

And a little tassel love…Kind of the inspiration for it all…I saw them at BB&B and kept putting them back (I needed 2) because of the price.

They were so perfect and the picture does them no justice…I mean those beads just sparkle. So, I just bought them. For now they help me get over my chandelier dreams!

I hope everyone enjoyed the pics. I wish I was a better photographer (and had a little more space to take the pictures in) but I guess they didn’t come out too awfully bad.

Please leave comments. I would really appreciate it, and could use the feedback.

Thanks!

Jessica

18 comments:

  1. Your room is light, airy and seems to be filled with things you really love. That is what is most important! What an amazing piece your husbands childhood dresser is! Isn't it awesome what a little paint can do! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really like your mini suite! The white is so soft and romantic! You've done a great job on all of your projects.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep dreaming about that chandelier. I think it would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Suite" is in the eye of the beholder! I like your attitude. Good luck with the chandelier. Most men I know consider ceiling fans sacred--- second only to their tv!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the room is beautiful you are a great decorating job love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so beautiful and elegant. Lovely job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the hits of bright colour against the white. And the wood frame stands out nicely on the white dresser. The tassel looks pretty and sparkly -- nice little touch :-)

    Kelly @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a master 'suite' also--the kids' bathroom is bigger than ours (sigh).

    I adore ceiling fans...the only ceiling light fixtures in our whole stinking house are in the loft and the formal DR (hubby's office)...keep an eye out and find a pretty one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your bedroom. I really like the curtains and white furniture and creamy wall color. It's similar to what I've had in mind for my "master suite" witch is even smaller than yours and doesn't have a bathroom attached1 It's also the last room in the house that I take time to decorate. Oh well, someday I'll get it done.......:O) Mary from Boogieboard Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tassel. And I too have chandelier dreams, but a ceiling fan is so much more practical. We just need to come up with a chandelier that spouts fan blades only when needed. That would be the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a chandelier. When we were in Italy we visited Maurano (sp?) glass. The choices were amazing. Would have bought one home but could not get it to fit in my suitcase:) I have the same fan and also dream of owning a chandelier one day. I love the white furniture and the fact that it was a childhood item that was restored.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're always so sweet to stop by & leave me comments! thanks so much. What a pretty room, all those creamy whites & I love grandma's mirror. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great job! Everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh nice white furniture, you've pulled it together really well

    on your comment (thanks for visiting I really appreciate it) I think you should go for it, I think the layered mirror thing works so easily that it's almost too simple, actually i have one in my family room that I stuck pics of my kids on...looks fab

    Sarah
    ABeachCottage

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous!!! light, airey and so fresh looking. I was also pleased to see that you have painted the frames white, as there was times i had considered this but wasnt sure how it would look on my light colored walls. BEAUTIFUL!!
    hugs
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jessica,

    Thanks for entering my Easter vinyl giveaway at Today's Creative Blog. I'm offering TCB readers 10% off an order. You can shop my site at http://tpearl.uppercaseliving.net and email me at torreh@gmail.com to place an order. The 10% discount isn't valid on website orders. Happy shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mini master is fabulous. It looks wonderful. I love all the soft colors and your little touch of color is wonderful. Love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete