Monday, February 23, 2009

The New Office -"As the Furniture Twirls"

The painting in the upstairs bedroom was put on hold yesterday for a much needed girls day out. And of course, whenever you talk to your girls you always get better insight. They've convinced me to paint the bedroom furniture. I'm a bit skiddish about it because I've only painted furniture a few times and the results were ok...not fabulous...which is what I'm looking for. I started out by asking for the number of a furniture refinisher my friend used and after discussing the cost of having it professionally done or just buying new we came to the conclusion that just going for it and doing it myself is the way to go. It's a little risky cause if I screw it up I'm looking at having to buy new bedroom furniture. Something that sounds really fun... but really expensive!! One thing is for sure, I really want the early 90's country pine look to go bye-bye! So I guess I'm going to go for it. I guess these will probably be the first pictures I post.
In the saga of "As the Furniture Twirls"...as I mentiond the painting of the bedroom walls was put on hold yesterday because of my lunch date and today is in question cause it's hubby's birthday. Making him a pot roast and the standard Strawberry Shortcake birthday cake (Tom's favorite dessert of all time). So the bed is still in the downstairs bedroom (sewing/craft room). This is a good test run to see if we like it down here as opposed to the upstairs bedroom. So far, it's not so bad...if only the sewing and craft stuff wasn't all packed up around the family room down here!!! The room is a little smaller than the upstairs room (they're all small) but it has the attatched bath which the upstairs bedroom does not. It's more luxurious than I imagined. Something both of my sons must have known, because they both have had the room as thier bedroom.
Anyway, if I'm actually going to paint the bedroom furniture then I will be down here a bit longer...who knows we may stay down here and just set up my office upstairs after all...That's the whole point of twirling furniture ...to change where everything is...sooo fun!

1 comment: